Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H150 pool heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward H150 pool heater

We are finally getting around to getting our H150 gas heater hooked up this for this season. We ended up with 1 2x20 solar heating panel. My question is for anyone using a 150,000 BTU heater for a 24 foot round. How is the actual cost of running the heater? I mean does this bill go up 100 dollars a month? 50 dollars? We are just not sure of what to expect with this. I am not sure if we want to setup something hat will be a money pit so to say.

Thank You
    24 Foot Round Aqua Leader Illusion 54"
    Hayward 190T Sand Filter Sand filter with 1.5HP motor

Assembled July 31, 2009 :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward H150 pool heater

Well I have a 150 and a 21 ft pool and I love my water in the 90s and my gas bill was around $280 a month. I would usually run it once a week if I knew I was swimming the next day and continue to run it while swimming. My heater isnt a Hayward but its a Minimax 150
    21'X52" AGP
    Brominator
    1 1/2 hp pump
    Cart Filter.
    More to come soon as I am a Newbie!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the hayward 150 and a 24ft pool. Mine is 6 feet deep in the middle so it is around 16,000 gallons.
    In the spring and fall my gas bills are around $140 P/M but thats a little house heat too.
    In the summer mos depending on good weather and cool nights it can be around $80 P/M.
    Its the E-bills that rival or go above the gas for me though.
    I am leaning heavy on switching to a 2 speed pump (same size) when running full bore is about 2 amps more efficient, and only draws 1/3rd of that at half speed for heater use.
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the responses. We are going to get it installed. We will be using this along with a 2x20 solar panel. Since this pool cam with a 2.5 hp pump we are hoping that the extra path the water has to take will slow it down some since 2.5hp is overkill for the 24x54 pool
    24 Foot Round Aqua Leader Illusion 54"
    Hayward 190T Sand Filter Sand filter with 1.5HP motor

Assembled July 31, 2009 :)

5. Back To Top    #5

I too am thinking of adding some solar panels to save $$$ but you cant beat having a 90 degree pool when you want one instead of waiting on mother nature to do its thing
    21'X52" AGP
    Brominator
    1 1/2 hp pump
    Cart Filter.
    More to come soon as I am a Newbie!!!