I have an UltraPure Ozone Generator installed on my pool, but it has recently quit functioning, and I am debating on what to do about that. We have just started swimming again, and I am already noticing an increased chlorine usage when compared to last year (of course I didn't track chlorine usage last year so I have no firm data on this). But it has made me curious. SO I thought I would pose a few questions here:
1. Is anyone using an ozonator combined with manual dosing of chlorine? If so, I'd love to hear about your experience and setup (FC Level Maintained, CYA level, etc).
2. I know every pool is different, but are there any statistics out there on average chlorine usage for manualy dosed pools at various CYA levels?
3. My unit was/is a UV unit and probably just needs new bulbs, but I was evaluating my options and it appears the CD units are better at generating ozone, but don't last as long as the UV units, does anybody have any data/experience with the differenc between the units.
4. I know the ozone genrator can work well in higher bather load pools, but I'm curious on ding a cost analysis and seeing if the reduced chlorine usage offsets the cost.
5. Is anyone using an Ozonator with a SWG?