Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice for pool interior color

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice for pool interior color

We are about to have our fist pool built and had a question about the interior color. We like the look of the darker pebble tech but we are concerned that the light will tend to wash out. Any advice?
    13,200 gal. ig w/6' octagon spa , Aquapure SWG with Aqualink controls , Jandy EE 2000T heat pump ,Jandy DE48 filter , Jandy 1.5 plus pump ,Polaris 1hp qt blower (spa), Jandy LED lights, Pebblesheen finish (aqua blue) My build http://www.troublefreepool.com/time-...ge-t20601.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice for pool interior color

Darker colors will not reflect as well as lighter colors (or white), but it depends on how bright you want the pool to be. I have Blue Granite PebbleSheen in my pool and 2 of the small (saM) colored lights in it (it is 39' long), facing away from the wall (not in either end) of the pool, and it is plenty bright for me. If I had thought it out better, I would have put one more in to balance it out a little better, but it is fine (pool is 16' across where the lights are). It really just depends on how much light you are looking for.

Congrats on the new pool build Stick around here and you will learn a lot and make your life much simpler (at least in how it pertains to maintaining your pool!)!!

3. Back To Top    #3

We also have Pebblesheen Blue Granite and love the color. We were a little worried when we picked it that it might be a little too dark, but it definitely is not. The picture I attached is not my pool, but it is the best picture I could find that represents what the color really looks like. There is no problem seeing the bottom.

[attachment=0:yh78m8ir]Blue Granite Color.jpg[/attachment:yh78m8ir]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,000 gallon gunite pool, attached spa, Pebblesheen finish, Paramount PCC-2000 infloor cleaning system, Paramount ClearO3 ozone system, Intelliflo VS main pump, Whisperflo 1HP cleaner pump, StaRite cartridge filter, StaRite heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the help. I dont know who is more excited .... me or the kids!!!!
    13,200 gal. ig w/6' octagon spa , Aquapure SWG with Aqualink controls , Jandy EE 2000T heat pump ,Jandy DE48 filter , Jandy 1.5 plus pump ,Polaris 1hp qt blower (spa), Jandy LED lights, Pebblesheen finish (aqua blue) My build http://www.troublefreepool.com/time-...ge-t20601.html