How to repair inlet/return jet on a fiberglass pool?

plucky71

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Michigan
Hello,
Here are some pictures of a broken inlet on my fiberglass pool. One of the pictures is of some parts I was given to repair it. There is also some type of two part putty/epoxy that I am supposed to use for the repair. My question is do you think these parts will be sufficient to do the repair? How do I do it? To me it looks like a proper repair part would have threads to attach it to the pool. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• pool 007 Medium Web view.jpg
    pool 007 Medium Web view.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 122
  • pool 008 Medium Web view.jpg
    pool 008 Medium Web view.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 118
  • pool 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    pool 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 116
Re: Broken inlet trying to repair

Welcome to TFP!!

They gave you the wrong faceplate & gasket :hammer: :grrrr: (the faceplate and gasket you have are for a SP 1408 vinyl liner inlet/ outlet port!) This won't help you in the least :(

Unfortunately, I don't know what return fittings they use on fiberglass pools :oops: \

Hopefully, one of the other members will know about the fiberglass fittings (from the pics, it's NOT a SP 1023 AG fitting).

I'll help as much as I can, but I've never installed/ plumbed a fiberglass pool :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.