Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: How to repair inlet/return jet on a fiberglass pool?

How to repair inlet/return jet on a fiberglass pool?

Hello,
    Here are some pictures of a broken inlet on my fiberglass pool. One of the pictures is of some parts I was given to repair it. There is also some type of two part putty/epoxy that I am supposed to use for the repair. My question is do you think these parts will be sufficient to do the repair? How do I do it? To me it looks like a proper repair part would have threads to attach it to the pool. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outdoor fiberglass inground 15,000 gallons, Clean & Clear Plus 420ft. sq. filter, 1 h.p. WhisperFlo pump, New water cycler automatic chlorinater(not using), 1996 pool, TF-100 test kit.

Re: Broken inlet trying to repair

Here is one more picture of the parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outdoor fiberglass inground 15,000 gallons, Clean & Clear Plus 420ft. sq. filter, 1 h.p. WhisperFlo pump, New water cycler automatic chlorinater(not using), 1996 pool, TF-100 test kit.

Re: Broken inlet trying to repair

Welcome to TFP!!

They gave you the wrong faceplate & gasket (the faceplate and gasket you have are for a SP 1408 vinyl liner inlet/ outlet port!) This won't help you in the least

Unfortunately, I don't know what return fittings they use on fiberglass pools \

Hopefully, one of the other members will know about the fiberglass fittings (from the pics, it's NOT a SP 1023 AG fitting).

I'll help as much as I can, but I've never installed/ plumbed a fiberglass pool
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

Re: How to repair inlet/return jet on a fiberglass pool?

Anyone else have any ideas?