Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: How to repair inlet/return jet on a fiberglass pool?

How to repair inlet/return jet on a fiberglass pool?

Hello,
    Here are some pictures of a broken inlet on my fiberglass pool. One of the pictures is of some parts I was given to repair it. There is also some type of two part putty/epoxy that I am supposed to use for the repair. My question is do you think these parts will be sufficient to do the repair? How do I do it? To me it looks like a proper repair part would have threads to attach it to the pool. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outdoor fiberglass inground 15,000 gallons, Clean & Clear Plus 420ft. sq. filter, 1 h.p. WhisperFlo pump, New water cycler automatic chlorinater(not using), 1996 pool, TF-100 test kit.

Re: Broken inlet trying to repair

Here is one more picture of the parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outdoor fiberglass inground 15,000 gallons, Clean & Clear Plus 420ft. sq. filter, 1 h.p. WhisperFlo pump, New water cycler automatic chlorinater(not using), 1996 pool, TF-100 test kit.

Re: Broken inlet trying to repair

Welcome to TFP!!

They gave you the wrong faceplate & gasket (the faceplate and gasket you have are for a SP 1408 vinyl liner inlet/ outlet port!) This won't help you in the least

Unfortunately, I don't know what return fittings they use on fiberglass pools \

Hopefully, one of the other members will know about the fiberglass fittings (from the pics, it's NOT a SP 1023 AG fitting).

I'll help as much as I can, but I've never installed/ plumbed a fiberglass pool
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

Re: How to repair inlet/return jet on a fiberglass pool?

Anyone else have any ideas?