We just got a house with a SWG and I don't know what to do about opening the pool up. We have arrived and it is clear but there was not enough salt in it (guessing the previous owner was using chlorine). We have a few more days here until we have to go away for a month and I don't know whether we should try to get the chemistry right now or just cover it over, add some shock and hope for the best. We can't get someone to come over whilst we are away because we have no money left from buying the house (!) and also don't know anyone in the area.
Any ideas? I started to try to get the chlorine levels up but now I'm thinking that its just a poinless task. If we leave it for another month, will it be really hard to clear up? Water was at 18c (64f) yesterday and the we live in the Pyrenees in France.