Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brands of DIY Kits?

1. Back To Top    #1

Brands of DIY Kits?

I hope I am not asking a dumb question, but I am seriously considering trying to install a vinyl liner ingound pool and have started getting quotes on excavation & concrete. What I don't know is what brand of pool kit I should be looking at. My inclination is to use polymer walls and the only brands that I am aware of are Kafko and Hydra. I am looking at a modest rectangle (approx. 14 or so x 28). One of my main concerns is having the overdig size as small as possible as I don't have good access to my yard so all concrete, backfill will have to be brought in either by wheelbarrow or bobcat. Also since I am on a budget, I would like to buy online. Any recommendations or advice would help.

Thanks in advance.
    Above Ground 30ft x 4.5 ft deep, vinyl liner, hayward 1.5hp sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Central Massachusetts

Re: Brands of DIY Kits?

Why polymer? Galvanized steel is the way to go, IMO. Legacy makes a good package pool. Not sure if they sell online.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

I thought polymer would be more resistant to decay in the ground. Is overdig less with steel?
    Above Ground 30ft x 4.5 ft deep, vinyl liner, hayward 1.5hp sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

eastern washington state

mine is polymer.. but i did not install it... steel no matter what it is, in time will rust.
    live in eastern washington state
    18x36, Vinyl inground 24k
    Hayward 1 hp filter pump
    1 skimmer/2 returns
    24" sand filter, polaris 280 with booster pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

HI, Im from N.E. Pa. i used a kafko kit from nationalpoolwholesalers / 16x32 // kit was great, no issues, and they offered it in a 48 in depth in addition to the standard 42. Chuck