Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why no true blue gunite pool finishes?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why no true blue gunite pool finishes?

Hello everyone! I'm new to the board but have already spent hours looking through everyone's helpful posts.

I'm in process of picking out the interior material/color. I was hoping for a primary BLUE color but I've noticed it doesn't seem to be available for gunite pools. Every time I see a pic of the color I love, it is a pool with a liner or occasionally fiber glass. All the gunite choices seem to be muted hues or have greys or greens in them. The beadcrete is the closest I've seen but I do not have a small fortune put aside, so it's a no go for me. Is there any reason why basic blue is not available?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why no true blue gunite pool finishes?

The answer is the use of organic vs inorganic dyes, their costs. Inorganic dyes are typically more expensive but usually more resistant to fading from UV and chlorine. I do wish I had a list.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Why no true blue gunite pool finishes?

Ahh.. see, I knew there had to be a reason
    Really, thank you for the explanation. That makes me question the color choices in my pool. I am very jealous of the people that can afford to tile their pool. I'd love to have cobalt blue.