Dose anyone use intex swg

Apr 2, 2010
I have a new agp this year and I have read all of the benefits of swg. I was wondering how many people use the intex swg, as I am tring to cut cost. If they could point out any pros or cons this would be great because i am new to all of this? Thanks for all your help in advance!

Daniel

yup...i used one last year, (2009 model) all season no problems...takes a few plumbing supplies to get hooked up but other than that it was much better than lugging bleach...2-3 hrs a day run time is all it needed on a 13.5K gal pool.

Cons...bare bones SWG. If you lose power you will need to reset the timer.
Pros...bare bones/no frills and gets the job done.

My advice if you pick one up, get the 2009 model as the 2010 model appears to now come with an Ion/copper/silver type of plugin that is just bad news IMHO

That looks like it, and not a bad price, either! Make sure that the model you get is what you need/want. Intex made/makes several different models, with different chlorine outputs ( some are pump combos, too.) The 8110 does 24g/hr, the 8220G does 18g/hr, the CS8110 only does 12g/hr and adds copper ions (not something I want in my pool.) The 6110 is probably not around any more, it has a tank on it where a chlorine "concentrate" is made/stored.
The 8110 is what you probably want. All of the manuals are available online here -
http://www.intexcorp.com.hk/proifv/...docsea=2010&source=intexstore&gid=2&lid=12125
Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Last year was my 1st year with a pool since some point in the 80's !

I bought the Intex 8110 - / 2009 Model and I had my filter come on from appx 11pm until 6am with the SWG coming on around midnight and runs until about 4am. (It's not really an exact thing with these SWG's but it runs about 4 - 4.5 hours on average).

My filter then comes on again during the day for 2-3 hours for a little circulation (but not the SWG).

I was actually AMAZED at how easy it was to maintain the pool's level with the SWG. Thinking "this thing" would never "keep up", I threw a floater in there just for some cheap insurance and after getting my TF-100 kit I noticed that my chlorine level was MORE THE ENOUGH so toward the 3rd week with the SWG, the floater was set on it's lowest setting (1 puck lasted me appx 1 full week or so). I don't even need it in there but I thought (In my warped mind :hammer: ) , that if for some reason the power goes out, the SWG misses a night, at least I have a little chlorine in there. (I know It's silly).

I'm still tweaking everything but I love the SWG. I keep some bleach on hand and some Tri-chlor pucks for emergencies etc. but I doubt I'll need them other than for start up. Peeking under the cover last week, everything is crystal clear. We've had a "crazy warm" April so I'm getting nervous that I should do a quick test / give it a "quick shot" and get ready to open it up.

You'll love the SWG.

:party: Well I ordered the intex swg today. I did end up ordering it from 7 ave on amazon so I hope I don't have any problems. I Called and talked to them directly to make sure it was the 2009 model. I can't wait to get it so I don't have to keep dumping bleach in every night :lol:. I am also going to order two 2"20" solar panels that just roll out. I decided to go with them instead of having to mess with taking a solar cover off and on all the time. Thanks for all the help :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Installed an Intex last year with the new liner. Did a borax dose and ph adjustment first, then all summer just added 1/2 gal of MA every other week and vacuumed once a week. :lol:

Hi Everyone
I have a intex swg this will be my 3rd year I believe the manual says 2006. I have enjoyed the ease of use, cost savings and the feel of the water. I have not had too many problems with it except for soaking the plates and keeping the flow clear. I had read many horror stories about these earlier models. Have these issues been cleared up with the newer modes? I set it up this week and now I am getting a low flow. I think it may be time to replace the unit. I see others pushing the 2009 unit over the 2010. Can you be more specific as too your reasons why? Are the newer models more reliable?

The reason for getting the '09 model has to do with the copper electrodes in the '10 model that the '09 doesn't have. You don't want copper in your pool so rather than just disconnecting the electrodes and having to leave them in the flow stream it's better to get last years model that doesn't have them at all.

Well I just installed my 2009 8110 intex swg and two 2'20' solar panels on friday and I couldn't be happier. I am so glad I don't have to keep dumping bleach in or using pucks any more. :party: Imho everyone should invest in a swcg and help put the pools stores out of business :lol:

Daniel

I got two on clearance last fall at walmart was 199, now 149.99 and it was in the clearance isle that went to 75% off!! I bought the last 2 for approx $38 each!! :whoot: Gotta watch those clearance isles close! lots of deals! I put one on my 350 gal. hot tub and oHH baby does that thing turn out the clorine, I only need to run it 10 mins. every other day at this point. my plan is to put 2 in paralel on my 20,000 gal. inground pool. Acording to the instructions it supports up to a 14,000 gallon pool so two should work for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.