Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: safety cover pole used to attach to anchors

1. Back To Top    #1

Charlotte, NC

safety cover pole used to attach to anchors

It must be aluminium because it is soft & wears over time & makes its use more difficult & you have to reshape it. Is there any good reason I should not make this pole with a stronger metal? And I’m going to make a long one that I can operate while standing upright.
    19,800 gallons (closed/winter 18,654 gal); plaster; 18x34 Ft kidney bean shape, Depth 3Ft-5Ft. Built 1992
    Pentair Whisper Flow Pump 1HP. Winter safety cover w anchors.
    Sand filter, Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Model SD80; Effective Filtration Area 3.5SF
    - FlowRate 75GPM, 8Hr 36,000, 10Hr 45,000, 12Hr 54,000; Pressure Weight 50PSI
    BBB (Hayward Chlorinator when leave town). Polaris 360 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Re: safety cover pole used to attach to anchors

they are definitely not aluminum. I don't think they are stainless either. Regardless there are companies out there already that have made beefier versions of these rods. One even had a T shape handle on top for leverage.
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

Re: safety cover pole used to attach to anchors

Mine happens to be stainless. Paid enough for it though. Wingmaster's latest version is a good after market unit but unless you use it as often as I do, you might not want to pay that much.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.