Is there a "all in one" Vacuum?

Jun 25, 2009
Loogootee, IN
First time pool opener here. Water was dang near black, but happy to report that after 6 days of filter running non stop and 8 gals of bleach later, I have clean water!!! :whoot:

Now a gallon of bleach will last me 3 days and I keep the Chlorine level close to 3...

Question: I have sand patches in the bottom of my pool, its not coming from the filter but from outside the pool. Stupid me extended my sand base 2ft past the pool itself, so when my 5 and 4yr old girls get out of the pool and get back in, they have sandy feet.

I have an Intex pool with a Jacuuzi 250lb sand filter, I am using the stock fittings from the pool so I don't have a skimmer because I didn't want to cut into the pool. We bought this pool to see if we would actually use one before spending thousands of dollars on a nice one. At the end of this summer, will be our 2yr test trail. and if it gets the same use as last year, then next year we will get the real deal! :party:

So, Is there an all in one Vacuum that will work to suck up the sand and very little debris off the bottom without using the filter pump system ?

There is a good collection of robotic cleaners for large and small pools. The cheapest are going to be for smaller pools with no inclines to deal with. All come with some kind of internal bag that collects the debris and filters the water. The finer the bag the more finer stuff will be caught.

There are members with AG pools who use the smaller, less expensive, robotic cleaners and are very happy with them.

I use the bigger brother, the Aquabot. It has two bags; the regular mesh and the fine bag that catches down to 2 microns (much smaller than sand). There are also, aftermarket, "disposable bags", Nasty Bags, that filter down pretty close to the expensive fine bag. I reuse those by rinsing and then washing several on delicate, cold, with a bit of vinegar. I think they come 4-5 to a package and are around $20.

Some members will come along soon with comments. One thing to keep in mind is that if you are going to be moving up to a pool with any variances of depth, shallow to deep, the little cleaner for the Intex might not be powerful enough to climb the slope in a "real" [sic] pool.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.