Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool newbie in Syracuse NY

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool newbie in Syracuse NY

Hi Everyone, after suffering pool withdrawal after visiting my folks in Florida and my brother in Hawaii, I made the plunge and bought an AGP last week. It is scheduled to be installed in early May if all goes well. I've been having electricians come out and bid on the job. I need to have power run from my main panel out to the barn to a new sub-panel and from there out to the pool. Its almost a 200 foot run because of the layout of things $$$ #4 wire. I'm putting in a 100 amp sub-panel for a future hot tub I settled on a 30' round 54" high Aqua Leader Reflexion. It comes with a 2 speed 1 h.p. Hayward XStream cartridge filter/pump. I'm praying for a hot summer!! I feel like I got a good deal. I'm hoping I got a good deal! Cheers!
    30' Round 54" high Aqua Leader Reflexion
    23800 Gallons
    Hayward Xstream 150 sq. ft. Cartridge Filter
    1.5 h.p. 2 speed pump
    Syracuse, NY

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool newbie in Syracuse NY

Welcome

It's nice that you will have a place to cool off this summer.

You can add your location to your profile
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

What part of the 'Cuse are you from? I am from East Syracuse and spent my formative years in and around SU. Ultimately I found my way to sunny California (no regrets).
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by svenpup
    Welcome to TFP!

What part of the 'Cuse are you from? I am from East Syracuse and spent my formative years in and around SU. Ultimately I found my way to sunny California (no regrets).
    Do you happen to play hockey?
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by cobra46
    Quote Originally Posted by svenpup
    Welcome to TFP!

Do you happen to play hockey?
    Not really...played in squirts when I was little.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh well.

I was thinking if you played hockey we would know each other. I am at the Roseville rink about 4-5 days a week either playing or reffing.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html