switch wiring

Apr 8, 2010
I need to know how to wire 2 switches to control my spa and blower. I have 3 wire 220v going to my intermatic t104 timer. The white (hot) goes to #1,black #3 (hot), bare to grounding screw
My pump,heater,and blower all run to #2 and #4 on timer. I want to be able to switch blower and pump on and off with different switches kinda like my heater. The heater has a onboard on/off swith so even when timer goes on heater wont start unless i hit the on button on actual heater.

Clarify things a little for me and I'll see what I can do to help.

Do you want to be able to turn the blower and on and off regardless of whether the timer is on or not?

Or, do you just want to turn the pump and blower off and on only if the timer is on? (this is easier to do)

Do you want separate switches for the pump and blower?

That makes it a lot easier. First turn off the breakers feeding power.

All you need is a manual motor starter for each unit. Some 12/3 awg wire, conduit and a double box or two single boxes with weather proof covers.

Mount the box(es) in a convenient location.
Mark and remove the wires going to the pump & blower from terminals 2 & 4 & ground.
Remove the conduits going to the blower & connect them to the new box(es).
Run new conduit from the timer to the new box(es) and add two pieces of the new wire.
terminate the black wires on terminal 2, the red wires on terminal 4 and the greens to ground.
Hook all the gounds together in the new box(es).
Hook one pair of the black and red wire from the timer to one of the switches.
Hook the other pair of black & red wires from the timer to the other switch.
Hook the wires from the blower to one switch.
Hook the wires from the Pump to the other switch.
Install cover(s).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.