TA too high?

G

First off, this is my first post, so Hello, everyone! I've ditched the nature 2 and am migrating to BBB as I use up my existing chemicals. The pool is a balmy 60 degrees and crystal clear aside from the dirt that I'm still working on getting out.

Just got my TF-100 and the initial results are in:

pH 7.5
FC 6.5
CC 1
TC 7.5
TA 150
CYA 50
CH 190
Borates 30

My initial response is that my TA is a touch high (vinyl pool). I'd appreciate any suggestions.

-Tom

Hi, Tom, welcome to the forum.

Unless you're experienceing rapidly rising pH, I'd leave the TA alone. Like you said, it may be a little high but lots of folks on this forum have it higher than that all summer.

Keep an eye on your CC of 1ppm. I would suggest keeping your FC up around 7-10 untill the CC drops to .5 or less. Then you can let your FC drift back down to 4-6ppm.

I agree with Dave - also keep the pool uncovered (if you have any type of cover) so the sunlight can get to work on destroying the CCs. If it doesn't come down after a week or so, you may need to shock to get the CC down to .5 or less. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.