Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA too high?

1. Back To Top    #1

TA too high?

First off, this is my first post, so Hello, everyone! I've ditched the nature 2 and am migrating to BBB as I use up my existing chemicals. The pool is a balmy 60 degrees and crystal clear aside from the dirt that I'm still working on getting out.

Just got my TF-100 and the initial results are in:

pH 7.5
    FC 6.5
    CC 1
    TC 7.5
    TA 150
    CYA 50
    CH 190
    Borates 30

My initial response is that my TA is a touch high (vinyl pool). I'd appreciate any suggestions.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: TA too high?

Hi, Tom, welcome to the forum.

Unless you're experienceing rapidly rising pH, I'd leave the TA alone. Like you said, it may be a little high but lots of folks on this forum have it higher than that all summer.

Keep an eye on your CC of 1ppm. I would suggest keeping your FC up around 7-10 untill the CC drops to .5 or less. Then you can let your FC drift back down to 4-6ppm.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: TA too high?

I agree with Dave - also keep the pool uncovered (if you have any type of cover) so the sunlight can get to work on destroying the CCs. If it doesn't come down after a week or so, you may need to shock to get the CC down to .5 or less.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner