Adding cellulose to a sand filter

Grape Ape

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
I’m not unhappy with the sand filter, just greedy for even better water. :mrgreen:

Thanks to you guys, there were days last summer when the water was so clear that I had trouble telling what the level was by looking across the pool at the skimmer. But I feel like unless carts and DE are over rated I could get there faster and maybe even farther if I added some DE to my sand filter.

However, since my 4-year-old likes to help with the pool I don’t feel real warm and fuzzy about using real DE. Plus my backwash line is plumbed to the storm drain that may or may not be treated before it dumps into the ocean so I am not even sure DE would be legal. Would anyone care to share their experiences and/or opinions Cellulose or “Fiber Clear” (probably the same thing)? Are there any others I should consider?

I use Fiber Clear and it works amazing! My water gets super clear after I use it.
I used to use real DE and fiber clear definitely works as well. I'm not sure its any better, but it is sure not any worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.