Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF100 numbers

1. Back To Top    #1

TF100 numbers

My kids are calling me a nerd and I feel like a boy at Christmas...my TF-100 test kit arrived!!!!

Here are my initial numbers.....2 months following new plaster.

FC...5.5
    CC...0
    TC...5.5
    pH...7.6
    T/A..130
    CH...300
    CYA..40
    Temp.70

Plan on adding acid to lower pH and get the T/ A down then aerate. On the right track?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF100 numbers

Those numbers look good.

Your TA is a little high, but that isn't normally anything you need to worry about. If you continue lowering the PH down to 7.2 any time it gets high, the TA will eventually go down and that should be good enough in most cases. If you have a SWG and/or have a waterfall that is on every day there is more reason to lower TA right away.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

How does your water look?

Unless you have an SWG, your TA is fine where it is. Just monitor the PH and keep it under 7.8 with acid. Target 7.2 if you have trouble lowering the PH.

Otherwise it looks great. On the right track!

Jason and I were typing at the same time....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey guys thanks for the feedback....no SWG using 12% chlorine. Will continue to pick away at the pH. Jason, the water looks amazing!
    One question about the CH test, the only one that had me a little worried. Sample didn't really turn blue...more like clear with just a hint of blue....added another 5 drops after 30 just to be sure and it didn't change any further.

Thanks again for all the work you all put into this site.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sometimes the CH test does that. Depending what all is in the water the specific colors you see can vary somewhat.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School