Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buying a Pump: Has Anyone Purchased from

1. Back To Top    #1

Buying a Pump: Has Anyone Purchased from

I am purchasing some pool equipment, and in my searches, I have found that is by far the cheapest. Here's an example:

Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump:
    - PoolsOnly: $849.95
    - Amazon: $913.12
    - PoolAndSpa: $989.99
    - H2OPoolProducts: $880.00
    - PoolPlaza: $969.99

I've been to Amerimerc & PoolAndSpaWarehouse and they are also more expensive than Amazon (nonetheless PoolsOnly) when it comes to other items I've priced. In this case, neither of them even have this popular pump.

Has anyone ever purchased from Are they a reputable company?
    Nearly done self installing:
    Viking "St Thomas" in-ground 13,700 gallon fiberglass pool (14' x 32' x 7') / Pentair VS-3050 pump / Pentair Clean & Clear 420 sq ft Cartridge filter / Pentair EasyTouch 8 automated system / Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWCG / Pentair Kreepy Krauly SandShark suction side cleaner / Pentair Intellibrite LED pool light / Jandy deck jets (x5)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Buying a Pump: Has Anyone Purchased from

I have never heard of them (and I have heard of and bought from every other company you mentioned). Either they are new or they have been keeping a low profile. That doesn't mean they are bad, just that it is going to be difficult to find out anything.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Never heard of them either... Shipping to my location is $39.47 for a total of $889.42.
    That would make it only slightly cheaper than amazon... I would take amazon over someplace i've never heard of for $15.

The pump can be had on ebay for $947 with free shipping, with 8% bing cashback (google for ebay bing cashback if you have no idea what I mean), which would make it $871.
    32' x 15', 25k gallon gunite IG pool, California Quartz plaster in Tahoe color
    Pentair equip (Intelliflow VS+AU pump, DE filter, IC40 SWG)
    Spa wall removed to make "seating" area

4. Back To Top    #4

Enterprise, AL

Actually, I have bought from them! Bought the same pump last year. Very satisfied.
    20K gal IG vinyl 18'x36' rectangle, 2' radius corners
    Hayward Goldline Aqua Rite 40K SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS 3050,
    Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo 24" Sand filter, Model T-240BP-1, Polaris 280 Auto Cleaner
    Sunstar solar panels (438 sq ft ), Pentair Sun Touch Controller automating solar panels, SWG, and Polaris
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Have bought a lot from them. Excelent customer service and fast shipping. I purchased from them Intelliflo, Easytouch, Robotic cleaner, etc.
    Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground plaster and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, The Pool Cleaner 4x, Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Cleaner, Water feature spillover from SPA.