Pool R&R

Jun 26, 2008
Purchasing a SWG in the near future.
Have a 22k IG that i want to convert.
Leaning towards the Goldline Aqua Logic Plus for a few reasons.
1. Less $$.
2. Automation included.
Automation is an important factor for me, buying a stand alone SWG and also an automation system would be too cost prohibitive.

Does anybody know if the Auqa Logic Plus plays nice with variable speed pumps?

I have a 2hp single speed but might be moving to a variable speed in the future. I know the Auqa Logic will accomidate two speed pumps but I am not sure about the variable speed.

The TriStar is a good pump, but probably not quite as good as the IntelliFlo. The IntelliFlo has a higher inherent efficiency, a higher peak HP, and has been around for longer. Normally I would recommend an IntelliFlo, but getting it to work at more than one speed with a non-Pentair automation system is both expensive and more work than it ought to be.

At one point there was a rumor that the ProLogic/AquaLogic series was going to support the IntelliFlo without the expensive Pentair adapter box, but I don't see that claim anywhere any more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.