Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Auto pilot question

1. Back To Top    #1

Auto pilot question

I have an auto poilit SWG and I just had it wired to run the pumps at the end of last season. well in openning up the pool I have deleted the programs so the pumps would run 24hr a day. when I hit boost and the boost mode goes off afer the 24 hr mode the pump also shuts down. is this normal or is something miswired

Pool Size - Trying to figure that out. SBMW 2000 (2048 Model) Inground Pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Re: Auto pilot question

You've got to program the on/off times. Did you also program the unit to operate the Relay as a One Speed Pump relay?

If you're able to get in front of your system with a phone, call me. 954-325-3859. I can walk you through it.

Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

To expand a little on what Poolsean said: The default is for the AutoPilot unit to turn off the pump at the end of the 24 hour boost and then turn it on again at the next scheduled run time. If boost ends during a scheduled run time it should stay on. If you don't have any run times scheduled, then it will stay off when boost is over.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

OK cool. so its working correct since I don't have any times programed for the pump. I can do that easy enough. not sure what the relay is programed to The guy that wired it is no longer in business and didn't say when he set it all up. I will call you if I don't get it figured out. Thanks a lot guys

5. Back To Top    #5

OK all set. went into installer menu and one speed pump was programmed. I set pump 1 and 2 so it would run all day until I get pool opened. I did a boost on and off cycle and pumps kept running. so simple

Thanks for yalls time.