INtroduction and question

Hey everyone! Novice pool owner, new to this forum. I just bought a used AGP 15' round, I believe it is an Atlantic Pool Esprit II. The pool was disassembled and moved last Sat. and my question is about the used liner. This pool was only a year old, and a steal at $250 but I would still like to reuse the current liner.
Could I patch the entire skimmer hole and return hole with a large patch before reinstalling? I'd still would re-position to the originsl spot as much as possible, yet feel this will give some play room and reinforce things as well.

This is a great forum, I feel I've picked up a lot of knowledge just by reading, and am looking for user opinions rather than pool shop owners who would like me to buy a liner.

Any ideas? Thanks, looking forward to responses. :goodjob:

Welcome to the forum. That may or may not work. Depending on the condition of the liner and your skill level, you might be able to accomplish it.

I wish I could be more encouraging but I would guess your chance of success at less than 50%. That said, if it fails, you will have little invested and a good learning experience. Post back and let us know what you decide.

Hi, Pumpkin! and welcome to TFP.

You will have the best chance of getting the used liner to work if you wait until a hot sunny day to attempt to install it.

I am not sure whether you are better off patching the skimmer/return holes before or trying to match them...

Thanks for the responses! At a local pool store today they did advise that if I decided to patch, rather than trying to match the holes it would be better to act as if it's an intact liner and cut new holes in an area away from the old holes. He also mentioned he might have some scrap pieces of liner to use as patches. Nice to know he's not just trying to sell me a liner...