Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: QwikPure Ozone replacement lamps

1. Back To Top    #1

QwikPure Ozone replacement lamps

Hi, I have a QwikPure Ozone generator from Shasta. It's made by A&A, and the lamp is from American Ultraviolet I believe. It uses a T5 4 pole straight, single ended bulb, about 12" long. The number on the bulb is G18T5VH/4. This bulb seems difficult to find, even my local Shasta store has to order it, for $95 bucks.

I have no problems with my pool, and I have no idea how long the ozone generator has not been working, which I suppose says something about how much I need one... Where is a good place to buy a replacement bulb? Or do I even bother? Did I waste my money one the ozone generator? My pool seldom has more than 2-3 people using it, and then only one or two days a week in season.

TIA, Garry
    18,750 gallon in-ground, pebble-tec, waterfall, 8' deep end, Shasta pool built 2005.
    SWG, 1HP Hayward pump
    Hayward 700 cartridge filters

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: QwikPure Ozone replacement lamps

For an outdoor pool, I wouldn't bother replacing the lamp. Ozone doesn't add much value for an outdoor residential pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

Re: QwikPure Ozone replacement lamps

Wow, This has STICKY all over it, IMHO. These the #1 and #2 reasons I discourage people Ozone generators. The lack of benefits vs cost and on-going costs.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.