Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommended "Robot-style" Cleaner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommended "Robot-style" Cleaner?

After running my human-powered vacuum every day several hours a day for the last couple of weeks, the pool is finally making some headway. That said, I'm neglecting other duties which make me money, so I've decided to take the plunge to automate this process as much as possible so I can spend my free time enjoying my pool and not just cleaning it.

I read the article at Pool School about Automatic Cleaners and I'm thinking a robot is going to be my best choice. I have a budget of $1000. Which do you recommend and why?
    Clearwater, Florida

12,000 gallon kidney shaped gunite pool
    Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP Pump
    Pentair CCP420 420sq/ft Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G 120V Pool Light

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Recommended "Robot-style" Cleaner?

Perhaps the Water Tech Blue Pearl, around $800. The Blue Pearl has gotten consistently good reviews. Keep in mind that no robotic cleaner is perfect, they tend to be quirky and can take some getting used to. Once you have one figured out, they are rather nice to have.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School