Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I am interested in the BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

I am interested in the BBB

I am interested in the BBB. ARe you saying that you only have to use bleach, borax, and bicarb? Nothing Else? I currently use ez pool, and it keeps my pool clear, but it is very expensive.
    Madison, MS 22,000 gal Salt Water. Intellichclor generator. Pentair sand filter. Waterfall.

My name is Roy.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: I am interested in the BBB

Welcome to TFP!

No, the BBB method is named after those chemicals, but it uses a couple of others as well. BBB is really a set of principals about keeping things simple, understanding what your pool needs, testing frequently, and saving money whenever possible.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Pearle...welcome to TFP.

Read Pool School...button is on upper right of this page and it will be much clearer....depending on the size of your pool, once things are balanced, you will only be spending $15-$30 p/mo on BBB.

As Jason stated, the key to BBB is knowing what's going on with your pool water, and for that we recommend a good drop based test kit. Either the TF100 at (Better value IMHO) or the Taylor K2006... will do, but without one of these your just guessing as to what your water needs.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

You will have ZERO regrets by switching from EZpool to the BBB method - and money in your pocket to boot!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

5. Back To Top    #5

Do it.. switch now.

Did you switch yet?
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

6. Back To Top    #6
    Jacksonville, FL

BBB is the way to go You will not regret it
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

7. Back To Top    #7
    Guam, USA

Started from scratch with BBB, it's the only way to go!!!
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool!