Took the cover off today and may have a leak.

hanau

Apr 20, 2008
On my pool i have part of it under ground. I have a corrugated pipe that runs half way around the pool under ground for drainage.

While filling i decided to cut the grass. When i got to the backside of the pool where the drain is i had water running out of the pipe.

Noticed that the filter was on and water was coming out the drain hose. The water might of came from there and not the liner.
But 20 minutes later it was still draining and the water would of went in the last 5 feet of the tail.

I filled the pool up and plug the hose and marked the water level on the skimmer so i can see if it leaking.

The pool was about a foot below the skimmer when i started filling so i know if i have a leak it will be in the side.

What would be the easiest way to locate the leak if i can not visually see it?

when leak detecting above ground pools holes are usually located near ladders or around the perimeter of the pool. Check under the ladder where it makes contact with the pool floor; sometimes above ground leaks saturate the ground and sand may enter into the pool through the hole. So I would recommend to vacuum the pool and look for marks that don't move and maybe even look for sand. you also may want to put goggles on and check the perimeter of the pool at the cove (where the floor meets the wall). Before electronic leak detection visually looking for holes was normal practice. My father used to use a window pane of glass to see clearly through the water surface. Besides electronic leak detection by a professional this is all I can think of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.