Cloudy water from pool return when SWG running

Yes, I know HOLY THREAD REVIVAL.

I recently switched a commercial swimming pool over to SWG. Hayward Aquarite. I have another comm. pool, built by same builder, same exact dimensions and equipment (with the exception of multiports) One has a regular PacFab 2" MP and the other had a High Flow MP (why?? I don't know, it has a 1HP Challenger on a TR100C filter)

The one pool that has had a SWG on it for 2 years is set of 30% and keeps a 4/5.0 Cl 7.6 pH The one I just installed I can't keep chlorine in it. Both pools have similiar bather loads and get the same amount of sunlight. Zero trees around either pool. I noticed the pool starting to get cloudy and was just thinking it was because low chlorine. However, tonight I checked and the pool in question has the same cloudy water coming out of the return jets. And yes, like Flex stated it's almost milky. This is the 2nd pool that I have experienced this with and it has me perplexed. The other one has since stopped but I don't know why it stopped. I cleaned the cell tonight, System has been installed for less then a month and it didn't change anything. The only thing that I recall I did to both before I noticed it was add Cynaric Acid. Could the cynaric acid being passed though the cell caused something to react? I'm at wits end. Any help would be appreciated.

I originally thought it was the sand in the filter being broken down & blowing out of the return jets. I eliminated this by changing the sand. Cloudy water still persists.

Bama Rambler said:
Why did you add cyanuric acid to both pools.
Also, what's the CH of the pools?
In fact a full set of results would be nice to see.

CYA level was 10 when pool A was opened for the season. Pools with SWG need to have CYA added manually since chlorine "gas" is unstabilzied.

Pool B's CYA level had dropped to 20. Seeing how optimal ranges of CYA in SWG are between 60-80 I had to add stabilizer.

I'll post full water test in a few. Heading back to that pool in a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.