Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations or suggestions for an outdoor clock?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations or suggestions for an outdoor clock?

I'm looking for a weatherproof medium sized clock that can be placed on our siding and easily read from the pool (maybe 10-20 feet away). I had purchased a clock from Target last year that was advertised as "outdoor" but it created a rust spot on the siding with the first rain. Thank you for any recommendations or suggestions.
    Inground, 16,000 gal, plaster
    Pentair Challenger 2HP, Pentair IC20 SWG, PCC cleaning system
    TFT kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommendations or suggestions for an outdoor clock?

I bought a clock a couple of years ago that has been great in my poolhouse, but I suspect it wouldn't hold up as well unprotected.

I've seen some in catalogs that have a clay or terra cotta face that might be more weatherproof.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Bought one from Wal-Mart last year. It is about 18" in diameter with Roman numerals and a thermometer at the six o'clock position. It's made of ceramic material and has held up thus far. Runs on a AA battery. Lithium batteries are best if it freezes out your way since the alkaline ones don't like it when it drops below 32. Anyway, the clock was only like $17.

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

We had a sun dial once that was fun, if you don't need the EXACT time. Or need to tell time when it is shady!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6

We have the Walmart one that 257WbyMag referred to. It's been up for 3 years now. I'm amazed that it still works, as it just has a cheapo Made-In-China movement, but it still keeps excellent time. It is protected from most rain by the overhang on the pool house, so that probably helps it live.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280