Controll Panell Advise

Im gradually upgrading my equipment ready for when i get my new above ground pool (looking like somtime next year). So far ive got 1hp 19 inch sand filter and using a intex SWG. Within the next month ill be ordering my solar heater pannels (fafco solar bear 4X20 pannels 2in headers) then near the end of the year a goldline SWG. With that i mind ive been trying to decide what to do for timers/controlls. I could get the goldline solar controller, seperate timer, and the SWG controller. OR ive seen some all in one (aqua logic springs to mind) pannels that would do everything. Whats your thoughts? Go all in one (with a higher price tag) or seperate boxs for each item?

I would definitely go for a all in one especially since you decided on the Goldline SWG. The Aqualogic is a decent control unit and will not only control the pump, swg and solar but also other things such as yard lights. Just make sure to get enough relays so that you can control everything plus a couple extras.

Where do you plan on installing your solar system?

Well ive been pouring over the all the info i can find on the pro logic, and also on the pentair suntouch. Seems like i cant do what i want with either!

What i need to do is run the pump/swg for a set time per day, at my set %
Run the pump and open solar vavle when solar can heat the pool

Problems ive found:
pro logic will not start the pump to heat the pool, but it will delay the turn off time if solar heat is still avalible.
suntouch will start the pump to heat the pool when needed, but will run the SWG the whole time - this is bad as if i have say a 4 hour run time at 50% for the SWG, then i get solar heating for 8 hours, ive just doubled the chlorine in the pool!

Only way ive found to do it is to use a seperate timer, swg and solar. timer to run the goldline swg and pump, goldline swg controller wired for timer override. That way ill get heat when its there, and the swg will run for the time i set it.

Price is also a issue, the pro logic is major $$, the suntouch is cheaper but the swg is more expensive then the goldline.

Any other options i havnt looked at you can think of?

Take a look at the Hayward/Goldline Aqua Plus, automation plus a SWG, which is far far more reasonably priced. I've seen it starting at $1000 on the Internet.

The Hayward/Goldline ProLogic/AquaLogic approach to solar heating control works, even if it isn't doing what you expect it to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.