CC .4
CC 0
TA 96
PH 7.4
CH 158
CYA 12
TDS 3000
SAT INDEX -.28
I just pulled the winter cover back, pool is cloudy with a greenish tint. I am starting to vacuum out the leaves.
I ran all last year on BBB and loved it. The pool store told me to drain and refill do to high TDS. I pour my bleach directly in the pool and thought I read that the bleach has salt or solids in it, What should I do? Thanks

The TDS level almost never makes any difference. You should not be replacing water, or making any other decision, based only on the TDS level. TDS is total dissolved solids. The total doesn't matter, what matters are specific levels, like the CYA level, which can be measured separately. A high TDS level might mean that you should do some additional testing, but it doesn't mean anything by it's self.

Adding bleach directly to the pool is just fine. Bleach does contain some excess salt, and a few other trace ingredients, but the amounts are small and almost never amount to anything significant.

Your numbers are fairly good for a spring opening. You need to bring CYA up to the 30 to 50 range, and start/continue adding chlorine. Everything else is fine where you are now.

Between the 25" or so rain you get in central Kansas and the backwashing you probably do weekly with the sand filter, you should be automatically having your water diluted enough to not build up the salt level that quickly. I suspect their TDS reading might be wrong unless you used a pool cover pump to keep rainwater out of the pool and you don't backwash regularly or for very long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.