Just got the pool opened up recently.
Got our Chlorine up. Went to the store for a full test.
They said our Nitrate was too high (29ppm), and we needed to dump/refill the pool by 1/2 or 1/3.
I don't think we had this issue last year.
We did use Phos-Free a few times last year to clean the pool.
To start off this year, we only added a little water from our well.
And we didn't do any kind of "Spring-Startup" kits or anything.
I don't know why it's done this. There is a nearby farm, but it's always been there.
Do we need to dump 1/2 or 1/3 of the water? Sounds kinda crazy.
We have the test-kit recommended from the site here, but it doesn't include Nitrate.
Here's what our "In-Store" test showed:
Free Chlorine: 2.7 ppm
Total Chlorine: 3.0 ppm
Combined Chlorine: 0.3 ppm
Hardness: 300 ppm
Alk: 56 ppm
CYA: 15 ppm
Copper: 0.1 ppm
Iron: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 29 ppm
Is this something serious? Do we need to dump/refresh our water?
I'm pretty freaked out. I would appreciate any advice.