new AGP purchase

Apr 4, 2010
Hi I had an Intex soft side for four years learned BBB and now it's gone to pool heaven and we need a replacement...Thinking 18x32 or 21x40 have an existing deck to redue and enough space for either size.was planning on having someone else install..but after goggling complaints in my area triad NC Winston Salem more specific don't know if I trust anyone..don't really know if I and some help can do a satisfactory job--- big problem 85 outside already need to get started-- anyone local with a recommendation from personal experience?.. can I purchase from someone who doesn't sub out the install? does anyone who installed their own have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can offer I will be getting the area leveled by a pro :cool:

If you're handy, you may be able to do the install yourself... there are plenty of places online to walk you through it. We bought a used pool and got a great buy on it. We wanted to find someone that was willing to help us with the ground work to install a pool, but he ended up helping with most of the process of installation.

It was great for us because we learned a lot and were able to learn a few tricks from him that we wouldn't have thought of but he knew because he'd done so many. We saved a few bucks by looking around for someone to help us with it, verses just picking the first guy and paying him. We also were lucky in finding someone that was willing to work with us on cost since we wanted to do the install part of it ourselves.

I would encourage you to look at used pools on craigslist just to get an idea what might be available. There have been several nice pools that are only a few years old for very little $$ that come with just about everything you need to get started... it will cost you more time and some sweat equity though, so find those muscles. Took hubby and I about 8 hrs to bring down the pool we bought :)

I certainly understand the ansty part! We put ours up last fall and were only able to get in it while it was filling ... too cold!! Can't wait to get the water up to temp for the first swim :)

I mentioned Craigslist before... I love it. I was looking for steps and they can be mighty expensive for my taste. Wasn't finding what I wanted in the weeks time I'd been looking on Craigslist, so I started searching pools. Came across a guy whole was selling his whole pool, including steps and filtering equipment for $250. We were the first ones there and offered him $200 cash which he took. The steps we got were $300 new online... and after a bit of cleaning are really nice. Figured we could sell the rest of it no problems... if nothing else we were going to sell the pump and filter for close to the $200 we paid for it all because it looked like new.

Someone Hubby worked with was in the market for a pool and he bought what was left for $100... we gave him a break because he knew what we gave for everything. The pool guy we used for install is about a month about before he can get to them and they are asking us if we would help them install it since we've helped do it before.... They are antsy too :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.