Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Digital pH meter

1. Back To Top    #1
    Fort Worth TX

Digital pH meter

Anyone us a digital pH meter for their pool? I had Reef Aquariums for 15 years and used a PinPoint and was thinking of buying one for my pool. The Pinpoint is very accurate and of course easy to read.
    16,000 gal IG Double Roman Plaster Pool (16yrs - plaster redone 2014)
    Pentair FNS-48 DE filter with WhisperFlo 2HP single speed pump
    Polaris 280 robot
    BBB all the way and tested with a TF100 kit
    Pool Calc user

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Digital pH meter

Meters can drift. For PH they can be very good if calibrated properly.

On the other hand, you can't get much easier than the standard drop based PH test. High precision is not required for a swimming pool. Even if you have some uncertainty reading the colors you will still be fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

I occasionally use a Hanna meter to check pH, especially when I doubt my color acuity. As Jason said, it requires calibration so I wind up checking the calibration each time I use it so it adds two more steps to the process and therefore makes it easier to use the drop test on a daily basis. At least it does for me.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Valrico, FL

I use an electronic pH meter. I posted about it here. I have found that I can go two to three weeks between calibrations and still remain within the accuracy of the meter. I find it much more convenient then the drop pH test.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.