PSI issues

Jul 20, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
I have a Riviera Pool which is out of business here in AZ and found out I was never properly informed about cleaning cartridge filters when we purchased the pool. The pool guy told me to just use high pressure from your hose to clean out the filter which I have done once a month since we had the pool. I never seen the PSI lower than 25 which I assumed was normal. After a while, I noticed our waterfall feature pressure went down and our PSI was hovering around 35 PSI all the time, even after I cleaned the filters. We finally called Jandy and they suggested to use a degreaser on the filters, which I did. I noticed immediately the PSI went back to 25 PSI ( I was happy). 2 weeks have passed and noticed the pressure is off again, and the PSI went back up to 35 PSI. I called Jandy again and they told me to take the filters out and put it back together to see what the PSI was. I followed what was told to me, and the PSI is 25 without the filters. Now what bothers me is he informed me that I should be running 15-20 PSI which I NEVER seen in out setup. Right now I'm in the process of cleaning my filters again to see if that helps. What are your takes on this ?

The normal pressure for any pool is dependent on a lot of factors so we need to understand your setup. Gallons, filter size, pump size, plumbing size, etc.

What are your takes on this ?
Even if your psi of 25 is normal, that your psi is increasing means your filter is capturing something.....dirt or organics most likely.

How does your water look? Can you post a set of current test results? Often that is very, very revealing concerning your psi increase.

Thanks for the replies, water is very clear, I'll take pics monday (working a double on Easter), Pool is a playpool 11,000 gallons, Jandy stealth pump, jandy CL460 filter. the pump/filter is about25-30 feet from the pool which may add to the PSI

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.