This is a silly question -

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
Why can't most slides be used with an aboveground pool? If it requires 4 feet of water, why does it matter whether the pool is inground or aboveground? Is it because the force of the person entering the pool on a big slide would hurt the sides of an aboveground?

Because frankly, if I was going to hit the bottom of a pool coming off a slide, I'd rather hit the soft bottom of an aboveground than the cement of an inground. Or maybe the force of someone hitting the bottom would hurt the liner on the bottom?

Just curious!!!

I don't think that is it. It probably has to do with the structure of the slide and the AGP. Most AGPs are not "decked in" like an inground pool. Some AGP owners (many of whom are on this forum) will surround their AGP with a deck. This gives the pool a flush appearance to the surface of the deck. If a slide were to be constructed on the deck next to the pool, then it would work fine. But if the AGP is like the one my mother had when we were little, this being no deck and four feet high all the way around, then a pool slide couldn't be used in that situation unless the feet of the slide could somehow sit on the floor of the pool.

I just don't see how it would work. They may make slides specifically for AGP use, but I haven't seen any.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.