Pump Placement

I would not stack them on top of each other; they will vibrate and can rub a hole through them. I always dig my trenches at least 12" deep, and always lay the pipes side by side.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but it is easier now then when you have to dig them up and repair later!

In some spots they are side by side and other spots they are leaned up against one another. I was on borrowed time with the ditch witch and using free labor soooo..... I hope it all works out in the end!

I converted all of my lines from 1.5" to 2" (except for at the ball valves). Would the change in lines make my pump louder or am I just imagining things?

esim13 said:
In some spots they are side by side and other spots they are leaned up against one another. I was on borrowed time with the ditch witch and using free labor soooo..... I hope it all works out in the end!

I converted all of my lines from 1.5" to 2" (except for at the ball valves). Would the change in lines make my pump louder or am I just imagining things?

I'm hoping this isn't a case of "you get what you pay for" then :shock:

The larger pipe would make the pump quieter, since it is able to move the water more efficiently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hope not too! So far so good! Only time will tell now.

As for the sound, maybe I'm just hearing it more bc it's bouncing between the fence and the shed. Who knows?! It's not that I can't live with it. I just thought that since I moved it behind the shed I wouldn't hear it as much.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.