new pool - progress pics added.

Re: new pool

Congrats :wave: :goodjob: It will be very exciting and also very stressful but we at TFP are here to hold your hand all the way. Please post pics and specs and ask for suggestions :cheers: :cheers:
Also read up on pool school and get a test kit. I like the TF-100 :cheers: :cheers:

The first step is for us to put in a new septic system, and remove the old because it's in the way. That'l take a couple of weeks+ to allow time for the old system to dry out some before they dig into the drain field.

The pool includes:
28ml liner
Hayward pump & filter
color logic led light
jetted steps
2-wall jets
1-skimmer
mesh safety cover
solar cover
safety rope
nitro pool cleaner
poles, hoses, nets, etc
first summers chemicals
seeding grass back in
130ft of black chain link fence
25yds of extra concrete
first opening and closing & training

The septic tank guy had a problem getting the bottom of the old tank out. He said it was 7ft below the surface, and seeing as it's at the shallow end it wouldnt be a problem to leave it in there. The inspector agreed that it was ok. Do you think it will lead to any issues to have a large piece of concrete a few feet under the bottom of the pool, or should I have them remove it when they dig?

It shouldn't be a problem. the biggest issue you have is making sure whoever fills the hole, fills it with structural compactable material and compacts it to 95% proctor density in no more than 12" lifts. If you don't know what that means don't worry just make sure they sign a paper saying that's what they're going to do.

Well, I figured I might as well post some pics before they start digging. This is the back yard after installation of the new septic tank. The pools going about where the trailer is, the far side being just past the walkthrough to the carport. The deck will extend all the way to the left side, so we can enter/exit through the french door also.

I have to move the sat dish across to the back side of the car port. Gotta love cable and satellite instalers. We also have to move the power line and meter base around the corner. The power line is going to be buried.

4524064411_0c63e1ca6f_b.jpg

This is a bit further around to the right. The drain field installation made quite mess

4524063521_420b049d00_b.jpg

We've also had to cut down a large walnut tree. Don't want walnuts and the green powder from the leaves in the pool.

4524064039_aee66eb88d_b.jpg

4524692788_0ff9e0a6f6_b.jpg

Whereabouts in Western, NC and who is your pool builder? After a long delay due to the county and our septic system we are meeting with our PB to decide what shape and how we want the pool laid out. County had some interesting restrictions that really limited the size of our pool area. We are in Hickory and using EPI Pools.

Lesson learned, get septic permit then design pool and get quotes in the future :evil:

we're in Burke county. Using Summertime Pools in Hildebran. I also spoke with Carolina Pool Builders. I know people that have used both and are very happy with their work. It's definately worth talking to more than one, and dont be afraid to ask for one to match anothers quote.

The septic system takes up way more space than you think, then add in the future repair area, and you could be taking up most of your property. It seems that no matter the county, the admin folks aren't too helpfull. The inspector was the most helpfull person we dealt with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yep Carolina quoted ours too. Very professional company but much more expensive then others around.

We ended up with 6 quotes before we chose. Then had to change it all after our septicapades as we call it. Crazy you need room to rebuild your entire septic and tank, not just new lines.

We decided today on a 18x36 vinyl kidney pool. Good luck with your build!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.