new pool - progress pics added.

Well, walls are assembled but bracing is not completed. This constituted a day's work for my PB. This is going to be a slow build :(

P1010228.JPG

P1010230.JPG

he he. Leftovers from the intex.

The kit is listed as $9500 on my quote, but that doesnt exclude the possibility that there was some fudging of the numbers. They did reduce the quote somewhat when I asked them to match a lower competitor, and theres probably some markup involved in the line items. They also seem to have some of the extras covered in the kit price like the light, pump, filter, pool base, etc.

Looks good, mine is the same wall material just light and dark grey.

Your back in the lead again, my pool builder won't be back until next week. It'll be interesting to see who gets done first after all the delays.

Friday yielded quite a bit of progress. All bracing is complete, and coping is installed. They started grading but ran out of dirt. Quite a bit is needed to smooth out the mess made when the septic field was installed. 8 loads of dirt will be delivered Monday.

My dog found the steps to be a good rain shelter too.

P1010231.JPG

P1010232.JPG

Progress finally. Backfill is being completed today. Bonding grid and framing for concrete tomorrow. If they can get an inspection tomorrow, they're probably pouring concrete on Friday. Hoorah.

IMG00005-20100609-0712.jpg

IMG00006-20100609-0720.jpg

On another note, apart from the PB's lack of organizational skills, I'm really beginning to like the construction team. They have made a lot of common sense decisions, and are putting things together the right way. Especially with the drainage, and location of equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry to hear about the PB. Our guys almost completed the entire pool in that heat last week. They are installing light and getting electrical inspected today and then pour concrete in two weeks when we get back from vacation and the retaining wall and block steps are completed. Pool is half full tho!

Our pool is finally done. I've been out of town recently, so we haven't been able to enjoy it other than the first day it was ready. The PB has been taking care of the water while we've been out, so I'll be getting stated on maintenance this week. TF-100 should be on it's way, or here. Haven't been by the post office yet. I'll post pics over the weekend.

These are from the first day the pool was ready for swimming. Then we went away for a week. Now I have maintenance under my control the water is crystal clear. I still have some work to do. I need to move the satellite dish and clean up the back of the house, run the electrical for the light, and install some outlets.

P1010518.JPG

P1010519.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.