Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new pool - progress pics added.

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool - progress pics added.

Hi, new here. We just signed our contract tonight so I'll be posting pictures when they get started in a few weeks. It's a pretty standard rectangle 16x34 vinyl. Were quite excited though.
    16'x34' IG Vinyl. 1.5HP Hayward 2spd. Hayward S244T sand. Nitro wall climber.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new pool

Congrats It will be very exciting and also very stressful but we at TFP are here to hold your hand all the way. Please post pics and specs and ask for suggestions
    Also read up on pool school and get a test kit. I like the TF-100
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP

We are looking forward to your build.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

The first step is for us to put in a new septic system, and remove the old because it's in the way. That'l take a couple of weeks+ to allow time for the old system to dry out some before they dig into the drain field.

The pool includes:
    28ml liner
    Hayward pump & filter
    color logic led light
    jetted steps
    2-wall jets
    1-skimmer
    mesh safety cover
    solar cover
    safety rope
    nitro pool cleaner
    poles, hoses, nets, etc
    first summers chemicals
    seeding grass back in
    130ft of black chain link fence
    25yds of extra concrete
    first opening and closing & training

5. Back To Top    #5

New septic system is being installed today, and the old tank is being removed. They were working on it when I left this morning, so it should be done when I get home. I'll post pics if it looks in any way interesting.

6. Back To Top    #6

The septic tank guy had a problem getting the bottom of the old tank out. He said it was 7ft below the surface, and seeing as it's at the shallow end it wouldnt be a problem to leave it in there. The inspector agreed that it was ok. Do you think it will lead to any issues to have a large piece of concrete a few feet under the bottom of the pool, or should I have them remove it when they dig?

7. Back To Top    #7

It shouldn't be a problem. the biggest issue you have is making sure whoever fills the hole, fills it with structural compactable material and compacts it to 95% proctor density in no more than 12" lifts. If you don't know what that means don't worry just make sure they sign a paper saying that's what they're going to do.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Well, I figured I might as well post some pics before they start digging. This is the back yard after installation of the new septic tank. The pools going about where the trailer is, the far side being just past the walkthrough to the carport. The deck will extend all the way to the left side, so we can enter/exit through the french door also.

I have to move the sat dish across to the back side of the car port. Gotta love cable and satellite instalers. We also have to move the power line and meter base around the corner. The power line is going to be buried.

This is a bit further around to the right. The drain field installation made quite mess

We've also had to cut down a large walnut tree. Don't want walnuts and the green powder from the leaves in the pool.

9. Back To Top    #9

Whereabouts in Western, NC and who is your pool builder? After a long delay due to the county and our septic system we are meeting with our PB to decide what shape and how we want the pool laid out. County had some interesting restrictions that really limited the size of our pool area. We are in Hickory and using EPI Pools.

Lesson learned, get septic permit then design pool and get quotes in the future
    18' x 36' Vinyl Kidney 24,000 gallons
    Soon to have Salwater system up and running.
    Intelliflo pump, Colorlogic LED Light and a lot less money in the bank

10. Back To Top    #10

we're in Burke county. Using Summertime Pools in Hildebran. I also spoke with Carolina Pool Builders. I know people that have used both and are very happy with their work. It's definately worth talking to more than one, and dont be afraid to ask for one to match anothers quote.

The septic system takes up way more space than you think, then add in the future repair area, and you could be taking up most of your property. It seems that no matter the county, the admin folks aren't too helpfull. The inspector was the most helpfull person we dealt with.

11. Back To Top    #11

Yep Carolina quoted ours too. Very professional company but much more expensive then others around.

We ended up with 6 quotes before we chose. Then had to change it all after our septicapades as we call it. Crazy you need room to rebuild your entire septic and tank, not just new lines.

We decided today on a 18x36 vinyl kidney pool. Good luck with your build!

12. Back To Top    #12

cool, make sure to post pictures of your build.

13. Back To Top    #13

This is a very rough rendering of what were going to do. It is to scale though.

14. Back To Top    #14

Just got a call from the PB. They're digging on Friday. Pool kit wont be delivered until next thursday though. Glad we're finally going to see progress. Will post pics.

15. Back To Top    #15

We need a 'LIKE' button like Facebook.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

16. Back To Top    #16

Looks great, lots of patio too. I am jealous and don't tell my wife but I would rather have a rectangle pool. Keep us updated!

17. Back To Top    #17

Funny because I like the kidney shape, but the rectangle fits our yard better.

18. Back To Top    #18

We have a hole. Now a week long wait for the kit.

19. Back To Top    #19

Re: new pool - progress pics added.

Let the fun begin!
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

20. Back To Top    #20

Re: new pool - progress pics added.

Any update? Did your pool kit finally arrive?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast