Time for new equipment to replace missing equipment

GVi77

Mar 24, 2010
Hello to all! Well a few months back I purchased a short sale home with no pool equipment and I'm starting from stratch. Luckily enough, I found the blue prints from when the pool was built. Here are the specs of my pool and spa:

Pool Size: 16 X32 Oval In Ground Plaster
Pool Gallons: 11,399
Pool SQ FTG: 381
Rock Water Fall, 1 Skimmer, 3 pool returns,

Spa SQ FTG: 31 with 6 jets and no air blower
Spa Size 5x8 with Telescopic In the spa

Orginal Equipment:
One 1 1/2 HP Jacuzzi Magnum Pump for the pool. One 1 1/2 HP Jacuzzi Magnum Pump for the water fall
Jacuzzi 200 Filter
Aqua Pure 1400 Salt Clorinator.

My question is what size pool pump and pool filter to start with? From what I have read here it looks like there was too much pool pump for the pool. Was looking into the Pentair Variable Speep Pumps and not sure what size cartridge pool filter to go with. Dose the size pool pump have any determination on the filter size?

Any insights or thoughts?

Thank You
G

For the pool and spa, match the Intelliflo with a CC520 filter and and IC20. If you add automation, and EZ-Touch system.

How big and how many outlets are on the water fall?

Is there plumbing for a pool sweep?

Lights? What type of fixture?

Scott

Hi Scott and thanks for your recommendation on the pool equipment. Willl research those models you mentioned. I forgot to mention I do have a Aqua Link RS control system with a remote and Aqua Pure 1400 Chlorinator. As for the water fall, there is only one 2 inch outlet in the water fall. It also has some fiber optic strip under where the water starts falling. The pool sweep I'm assuming is where you hook up the vacuum hose inside the pool? If so then yes there is a pool sweep. There is also one light in the spa and one in the pool but not sure what type. The pool light looks like it has some rainbow color lap inside.

Thanks
G

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.