New Solar System Install

jagfan said:
... What is your trick to covering and removing your solar cover so quickly? I can place it on the pool easy enough but it is a pain in the neck to dry, fold up, and store each day.

Hey Jagfan

I use this. It makes removing the cover a very simple one person job; and while I still prefer to place the cover with help, by having one person grab each end and pulling it along the pool, I can place it by myself if/when need be. I never dry it, though; When I roll it up, I tilt it into the water for a few seconds so the water drains into the pool, but that's all I do.

jagfan said:
no-mas said:
I've said it a hundred times; nobody hate that stupid pool cover more than I do; BUT it works so well, I can't ignore it. It takes me like 5 minutes to put it on and maybe 2-3 to remove it, so I really have no room to complain.

no-mas
What is your trick to covering and removing your solar cover so quickly? I can place it on the pool easy enough but it is a pain in the neck to dry, fold up, and store each day.

jagfan we never dry the cover. The wife and myself roll it up and put it behind out chairs next to the screen. I takes us about 25secs to do this. And it takes maybe 10secs to put it on:cheers: :cheers:

no-mas and Brentr
I cut my blanket in three pieces last year to make placement and removal easier on me but haven't bothered to put it on this year. The water temp is 78 degrees now. Stays about 4-5 degrees cooler since we had the pool cage built about 11 months ago. I'm itching to get in the water but much too cold for me. I like it about 88 degrees. Have either of you determined how much warmer your water gets when using the blanket?

jagfan said:
no-mas and Brentr
I cut my blanket in three pieces last year to make placement and removal easier on me but haven't bothered to put it on this year. The water temp is 78 degrees now. Stays about 4-5 degrees cooler since we had the pool cage built about 11 months ago. I'm itching to get in the water but much too cold for me. I like it about 88 degrees. Have either of you determined how much warmer your water gets when using the blanket?
Jagfan, I have found out that the solar cover helps a great deal. I do not want to run my pump all the time so I have found out that when I get up to temp, the pump runs about 2-3hrs which is perfect for 2 complete turn overs. I am not sure why yout water temp is so low, I had the pool temp up to 95-96 degrees last weekend but we have found out that 90-91 is the perfect temp for us. How much sqft of panels do you have? Are they facing south? How long is the pump on? Do you get any direct sun on the pool? :cheers: :cheers:

Brent - Sorry to drag up an old thread but since live in the same area .... Three questions:
- Where did you buy your solar cover?
- How hot did your pool get during the summer?
- Do you have to run the solar system - that is, do the tubes get too hot without circulation resulting in damage to either the tubes or the roof?

Taz

Taz said:
Brent - Sorry to drag up an old thread but since live in the same area .... Three questions:
- Where did you buy your solar cover?
- How hot did your pool get during the summer?
- Do you have to run the solar system - that is, do the tubes get too hot without circulation resulting in damage to either the tubes or the roof?

Taz
- Solar cover bought at Lowes for $100
- I kept the pool at 91-92degrees during the summer using the thermostat, solar system ran 2 hrs per day during the summer.
- Solar tubes are designed to be in the sun without water in them. I have a lifetime warranty on the solar system. Hope this helps....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.