Noob Question about Chloramatic ESC16 output running <100

Mar 29, 2010
First of all – Hi there… this looks like an incredible place for all things pool and spa and now that I’ve ‘inherited’ a 40,000 litre below ground pool, with a SWG, I think I’ll be here quite a bit! :-D

The SWG is a Chloromatic ESC 16 and I looked it up and it is one of the self-cleaning models.

When I did the house handover the previous owner told me that he manually cleaned it every now and then as a backup so last weekend I bought a bottle of cell cleaner from the local pool shop and cleaned the cell.

Since putting the cell back in I have noticed that the readout on the SWG seems to fluctuate around 93-94 whereas before it was 99-100.

I just found a copy of the manual online and it says that under normal operation it should be reading 100.

My question to the forum is should I now be worried that it is only reading 93-94?? Does this mean it’s only running at 94% and is this a sign of cell degredation.

Coould it have something to do with me taking it out and cleaning it?

BTW - I haven't tested the FC levels as I superchlorinated the other day and wanted to wait a few days to see how it has settled.

I did a quick search of the forum and didn’t find anything on this but sorry if this has been answered before.

Cheers

Hello and Welcome. First thing to do is tell us a little more about your location and equipment. You can put that info in your signature by using the user control panel. There's a link to it under the TFP logo at the top left of the page.

Also, post a full set of test results or as many as you have and how you obtained them (which test kit, pool store, etc).

Salt
pH
FC
CC
TA
CH
CYA
Water Temp

That helps us figure out if there's a problem.

P.S. I'm not the SWG expert but when they show up they'll need the above info. :)
While we're waiting on them, start reading Pool School especially the stuff on SWG's.

do they sell cell cleaners now?

it's either that your cell starts dying or your salt level/temperature are too low.

are you sure the read out wasn't low before you cleaned the cell?
if it's showing 94 it means it's running at 94%

are you sure you actually have it set at 100% and you didn't accidentally bump the setting down?
also check cell connections to make sure they are clean and tight

also those cells have a design flow, the connecting rods tend to corrode away.
that could also be part of the reason it starts failing

Its now back up at 100 - not sure why it ran at 93/94 for a while but thanks for the posts.

Just for interest the last reading I took was before superchlorination

PH - 7.4
FC - 1.5

This is all I can test for the moment but will be buying a better testing kit ASAP.

Water temp - Im guessing about 20C (air temp is approx 28C here ATM - I'm in Perth Western Australia)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.