Aluminum Fence installed on or in concrete?

themilkman

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 22, 2010
Getting ready to install a 18' X 32' inground vinyl pool here in NC. The final thing holding us up is the fence of all things. For the experienced pool owners out there, how and when do you install the aluminum fencing?

We plan on putting a large section of the aluminum 54" BOCA fencing on the concrete and trying to decide whether to install when we pour deck, core drill later or used flanged posts to install later. We are a bit worried about installing when pouring concrete and getting the fence "splashed".

What do you recommend, cost is a consideration....Thanks!

Always do the fence last.

Let the fence builder decide what he wants to do. I've seen them cored out, and i've seen them use the 4 bolt plate with the post over the top hiding the screws. I personally prefer the plate, covered by the post. But you dont want to put it up before you pour the deck.

I'm going through this debate myself. It seems to me if I attach with the flanges to the existing concrete deck it would make the install much easier. This is the one thing I will be doing myself to save on the cost. Anybody else have an opinion?

It will definitely be the last thing I do.

I'm just considering the install options. I'd rater not dig the post holes if I don't have to and the flange method seems like it would be easy to keep the fence straight and level. I hadn't considered core drilling but I'm starting to think that would okay as well. Has anyone used the oz-post? I'd like to know if they heave in the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.