Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Progress payments?

1. Back To Top    #1

Progress payments?

We are getting ready to renovate our 14 year old pool. I'm curious what other people have been able to negotiate for the payment schedule on their pool projects. What is typical for up front payments (at signing?) and various steps of the job? What is a typical holdback until completion of the punch list?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Progress payments?

1K down.

25% when the work starts

25% when the equipment gets installed.

30% when plaster goes on.

20% within 30 days of completion. This gives you a bit of time to find any issues and enough leverage to insure attention to them.

Insure your contractor agrees to a continuous work clause other wise they'll work 2-3 jobs at one time.

20K Gallon Gunnite pool/900 Gallon in ground Spa/2HP WhisperflowSpa
    Pentair Master temp 400/Hayward Sand Zebrite/Jandy RS-8 Aqualink/Jandy 2HP Epump
    12 - 4x10 Solar Panels/Barracuda G3/ BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

Re: Progress payments?

In Dave's post, I can see that for new construction. In a renovation, it depends on what is being done. For a concrete pool getting coping, tile, and plaster, I usually offer 1/3 at the contract, 1/3 after demolition, 1/3 at completion or 50/50 contract signing/completion.

Pad moves and equipment changes are time/materials based.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.