Do you know this type of stain?

HardTrance9

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2009
Los Cabos
Hi there,

There is a new pool (not added to the signature yet) which has a couple of stains (pictures attached). Small pool.

Please let me know if you need any extra info.

pH: 7.8
FC: 2
CH: 1,000
TA: 60
CYA: 0
Salt: 4,100 (strip)
Salt: 3,000 (Aqua Rite computer)

The stains look like cigarrette burns on the hot tub.

Any ideas if they can be removed or why do these come out?

Just to pictures of the biggest one. There are like other 2-3 very small at the hot tub and pool and no more.

Attachments

• 17Mar_0001.jpg
    17Mar_0001.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 17Mar_0002.jpg
    17Mar_0002.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 152
serge said:
I had something similar in my pool wall....after much exploring, it turned out to be a piece of wire (had to dug it out and fill hole with composite)...Good luck

That's what it looks like to me too.

Hi all.

Yep, the CH is 1,000 (tested twice).

Wire...mmm I think you are correct! Actually I think it could be some sort of rebar... they build pools like that here and someone mentioned something about the wires or rebar causing those stains..

Knowing this, I think the pool owner won't remove these stains.. maybe it is expensive...

Thanks!!

I am willing to bet you could remove that stain with a vitamin C tablet. Just hold the tablet with a finger and rub with moderate pressure. It may come back sometime later, but treat as above whenever it shows, and it will disappear.

flintstone said:
I am willing to bet you could remove that stain with a vitamin C tablet. Just hold the tablet with a finger and rub with moderate pressure. It may come back sometime later, but treat as above whenever it shows, and it will disappear.

Ok, great! I was wondering what could work to remove the stains... Will get some Vitamin C and test...

Will let you know!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.