Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nice site here.

1. Back To Top    #1

Nice site here.

I have had a pool for 10 years and the 11th (This winter)the liner ripped and destroyed the walls of the pool. It had a good run of 30 years. The pool was installed in 1980 and it has the original liner in it. Had to get another because my 7 yr old loves swimming and its great for entertaining friends and family.
    Went with the company that originally sold and installed the old one because I felt that the other lasted 30 years they must be doing something right. They install the pools they sell so a one stop shop and no middleman for install.
    Replaced the old AGP muskin 24ft with a all aluminum AGP Esther Williams 24ft. Will be adding a new deck too.
    Looking forward to learning some stuff here looks like a good place to get some good info!!
    If only I had a place like this 10 years ago, It would have helped with that huge learning curve i had back tthen,
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nice site here.

Welcome
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome and you've found the right place.

I don't blame you for going back with the original builder. Besides the fact that the pool lasted for 30 years, the builder lasting 30 years says a lot.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Pool-creetin,

Your 30-year run with the original liner is indeed impressive! That company really earned your loyalty

Please post your build/install thread with the new pool and new deck with lots and lots of pics for us

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you! Yeah i can post a build thread and before and after. The style of the old pool is very outdated. LOL
    It will be kinda funny seeing a before and after shot.
    I have learned alot already lurking around. Great place here!
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!