what does scaling look like?

Aug 17, 2009
I now have what looks like thin white "dripping" streaks running down my newly plastered stonescape pool wall. My chemistry seems balanced, but as stated on another thread my water turned green(clear green) right after my PB poured chlorine in the pool for the 1st time. The FC test read 10 a few hours after the chlorine was added. 9.5 the next day when the pool turned green. I have been running the pump and it got lighter but now these streaks are appearing. Help!!!!

I took pictures but you cant see the lines with the light and depth.

What you're describing sounds like scale or could be streaking from the new plaster. How new is the plaster and what color is it. Make sure you saturation index is good but usually these items can be easily removed by dropping the pH and brushing, adding a sequestering agent or doing an acid start up procedure for new plaster.

If you have been keeping the PH below 8.0 at all times, calcium scaling is very unlikely. But if you have allowed the PH to drift up above 8.0 at some point then calcium scaling is much more likely.

A photo would help us identify what might be happening. You should also check with the builder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.