Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: UV system

1. Back To Top    #1

UV system

I'm not sure which category this goes in. Apologies if this is the wrong forum.
    We are renovating our pool and the pool company is recommending installation of a Deltauv Elektra ES 20 UV system. I'm having trouble finding reviews of these. I'd welcome input from anyone who has experience with them.

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: UV system

Save your money. Its an unneeded supplemental system that will need servicing at some time, no doubt a costly one.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

There isn't much point in getting a UV system for an outdoor pool. The sun already supplies plenty of UV. UV systems can be handy for indoor pools and for stand alone spas (indoors or out since they are usually covered).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

London and France

Echo the same comments as the others, also if there is iron in the water supply it will deposit itself on the glass of the UV and is very hard to remove and will cut down on the UV being utilised.

There are also possible health concerns that go un-mentioned