Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool opening nightmare

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool opening nightmare

Took at peek under the cover yesterday to discover the liner has completely ripped pool completely empty. I knew the liner was in bad shape but not this bad. I guess I just threw away $200 for the cold water dive to repair a small leak in November. Anyway I need suggestions on a new liner and I need to repair a crack in the pool deck by the stairs. I figure while the liner is out would be the time to fix.

I have an idea of who to use to get the liner but who do I call about the pool deck crack?

See photos attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 inground white plaster 3ft-6ft (21,000 gallons) / Coverstar auto-cover / Jandy Stealth 1.5hp pump / Jandy DE 60sf filter / Jandy LXI 400k btu gas heater / Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG / Polaris 380

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool opening nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by rtpatter
    Took at peek under the cover yesterday to discover the liner has completely ripped pool completely empty. I knew the liner was in bad shape but not this bad. I guess I just threw away $200 for the cold water dive to repair a small leak in November. Anyway I need suggestions on a new liner and I need to repair a crack in the pool deck by the stairs. I figure while the liner is out would be the time to fix.

I have an idea of who to use to get the liner but who do I call about the pool deck crack?
    That's one serious rip! Perhaps it was caused by a sabretooth tiger just escaped from... the Pleistocene era, who had a dislike for vinyl. Could you post back with your location? Perhaps other members who live in your region can give you a referral to companies they've had good experiences with.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool opening nightmare

Yeah I'm hoping I don't have a more serious problem to cause that kind of a rip. Hopefully it was just the cold weather and not problems with the pools foundation. I'm located in Birmingham AL and would welcome any references.
    18x36 inground white plaster 3ft-6ft (21,000 gallons) / Coverstar auto-cover / Jandy Stealth 1.5hp pump / Jandy DE 60sf filter / Jandy LXI 400k btu gas heater / Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG / Polaris 380