Tf test kit question

I called and asked them that a couple of weeks ago and apparently it's just a quirk in the prices they get from their vendors if I understand correctly. The lady said some people still prefer the smaller bottles because they fit in the test kits better... I ordered the 8oz.

The specific storage conditions greatly influence the lifetime of some of the reagents. If stored properly everything can last two or three years. However, some reagents can go bad much more quickly if they are subject to prolonged high temperatures, freezing, direct sunlight, or frequent wide temperature swings. In the test kits we recommend, the FAS/DPD titrant (R-0871) is the most sensitive to aging. It should be a colorless liquid, but will turn dark yellow when it goes bad. The PH, TA, and CH indicators (R-0004, R-0014, R-0008, and R-0011L) are the next most sensitive. All of them will stain their plastic bottles when they start to go bad. The FAS-DPD powder (R-0870) will get darker and start to clump up when exposed to moisture, but is usually still good if it hasn't formed huge chunks or you can crush it back into small enough bits. Most everything else will last a good long time as long as it doesn't freeze or get left in the sun for an extended period.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.