Vacuum Hoses - Are 2 necessary?

Barfus

Dec 27, 2009
Middle TN
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy "The Pool Cleaner". It is the 4 wheel version. My skimmer is located at the deep end of the pool and that is my justification for the larger model.

I currently have no vacuum hose. Is it possible to use the hose from this new cleaner and attach it to a vacuum head on my pool pole?

Looking for thoughts and comments...

Thanks for your time!

If the hose fits the vacuum head on the pole, you should be able to use it. I use the same hose from my Baracuda when I vacuum with the plaster vac head and it works great.

The Pool Cleaner uses a sectioned hose that is made for it and is similar to other suction side cleaners. It has the right weight and specific gravity the cleaner needs. A hose for manual vacuuming is not going to give you the same results. Nor should this type of hose be used with a Barracuda, which operates in a very different fashion from the Pool Cleaner pool sweep.

Scott

I also use my automatic cleaner's sectioned hose on my manual vacuum. The hose for the auto cleaner is bouyant and the manual hose isn't, so IMO it does a better job even with the manual vac head because you don't have to hold it up.

PoolGuyNJ said:
The Pool Cleaner uses a sectioned hose that is made for it and is similar to other suction side cleaners. It has the right weight and specific gravity the cleaner needs. A hose for manual vacuuming is not going to give you the same results. Nor should this type of hose be used with a Barracuda, which operates in a very different fashion from the Pool Cleaner pool sweep.

Scott

That is the type of hose that came with my Baracuda. It's a sectioned hose and there is a weight that is included and can be moved along the hose to provide the proper balance needed to keep the Baracuda upright depending on the depth of the pool floor.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that it won't give you the same results. In my experience, it works for the Baracuda and it works for the manual vac head assembly. Are you saying that the specific hose for The Pool Cleaner is different unto itself and can therefore only be used for that product? If so, that would make sense and would indicate that the OP does, in fact, need a separate hose for manual vacuuming.

-----

After reading your post again, I think that I can see what you're saying. Are you saying that you wouldn't get the same results from using a hose designed for manual vacuuming with The Pool Cleaner? That would make sense, of course. But if the hose for The Pool Cleaner fits that manual vac head, it still stands to reason that it could be used for that purpose as well unless I am totally missing something else entirely and yes, just ask my wife, I do have that history. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.